secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Aquifer: Truth Lies Just Below the Surface - Jonathan Friesen This book sounded a lot like Not A Drop to Drink for me. It's about how water's getting scarce and now there's an apocalypse. Aquifer is quite a disappointing read for me, sadly.Aquifer had me quite confused throughout most of it. Even after I finished it, I didn't know what some of the term actually means. I can only guess. One term is called "undone / undoing". I guess it means killed, but I'm not sure. It was also quite confusing in the prologue. We meet this guy named Jasper and and somehow something shocking happened when he pulled a dead body out of the sea. We were never really introduced to anything and that left me puzzled at what's happening. There wasn't much world-building at all. Nothing about their traditions were explained. Nothing about how the dials and the Amongus came to be. Nothing about the Rats and the histories. I understand that the history is censored in the community but I expected to learn more about when Luca actually discovered what his actual heritage is. There is also insta-love, which a huge no-no for me. The moment Luca saw the girl, it was like, "Whoa there, beautiful, can't stop staring." I hate these insta-love relationships. I feel like the characters are shallow this way. I mean, they feel connected and in love with them just because of their looks. By in love, I mean head over heels in love. This book might've been more enjoyable without all the issues above. I was half frustrated and half trying to get through the adventure. I would've given this one flower but I gave it two because of the good plot we had (yeah, save the world!). This book was reviewed at The Book Belles.