secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Steel Lily (The Periodic Series, #1) - Megan Curd Read more of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.Rating: C+*A review copy was provided for reviewing purposes*Thank you so much to Megan Curd! This does not alter my review in any waySteel Lily was a book I've been eyeing for some time and I'm so glad to be part of the blog tour! Steel Lily was a great dystopian book. I stopped reading dystopians because they all sound the same after a while. This book has rekindled my love for dystopian books as it brings in a dying world and the Elementalists.I got the good guys and bad guys figured out pretty easily, though it was supposed to be a plot twist. The beginning was a bit slow but it sped up after Avery got to the Academy. I had a problem with references to Sherlock and such. Weren't their information on the world before limited? How do they even know who Sherlock is anyways? It's a dying world, NO ONE READS ANYMORE. But I suppose I shouldn't have thought much about it and moved on. I wish we found out more about Avery's elementalist abilities and what it means to be an elementalist.Moving onto the romance. I really liked Jaxon and thankfully there wasn't another love triangle. Jaxon is sarcastic, humourous and sweet. He hides behind his arrogant cover but you know that he's all fluffies inside! Just my type of boy!Overall, Steel Lily is a refreshing dystopian book. With the adventure and the romance, this book holds promises and doesn't have the same boring feel all dystopian books have.