secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Dare You To - Katie McGarry Read more of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.Rating: CDare You To is the story of Beth and Ryan. Pushing the Limits was one of my favorite books last year but I wasn't sure whether or not I wanted to pick this one up. It has a new set of characters and I find that Dare You To wasn't good as Pushing the Limits.Once again, both characters have some kind of issues and their relationship with each other helps them solve said issues. Beth needs to find who she wants to be and get over being responsible for her mom (who's a good-for-nothing). Ryan needs to stand up for himself and stop doing what his parents wants him to do. The two of them were brought together on a simple dare which turned into something more.As I said, this wasn't as good as Pushing the Limits. I was never really interested in Beth's love story so I kept my expectations low. I didn't find myself feeling for the characters or anything but this book kept me entertained. Beth actually annoyed me because of her unwillingness to let go of her mom and love Ryan. Yeah, that chick pissed me off sometimes. I would say congratulations to Ryan for not giving up no matter how difficult Beth was. If I was Ryan, I wouldn't have dealt with her. Dare You To is the sequel to Pushing the Limits that didn't quite live up to the first book. This still kept me entertained but I think this one is quite over-hyped.