secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Poison - Bridget Zinn More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.Rating: A+Poison was a delightful read and I don't know why I didn't pick it up sooner! The synopsis told us about a potion master who is going to save the kingdom. Doesn't that sound awesome? It's right up my alley.I really loved the great fantasy world Bridget Zinn presented us with. It's awesome and filled with wonders. The world is filled with all different kinds of people including potioners, king of thieves, evil witches, kings, queens and peasants. It's truly refreshing to read about this world.Kyra is a really enjoyable character. She's kickass and knew from the beginning she had to kill the princess. She doesn't back down and is determined to finish her mission. I like reading from her point of view and see the kingdoms through her eyes. She tried really hard not to like Fred, but really, who can resist him?I liked Fred the minute he showed up. He was humorous, charming and handsome. Fred is just awesome in general. I can tell he really liked Kyra and he doesn't hesitate to tell a joke to lighten the mood. During the book, we also find out his true identity and I was a bit surprised. But we also find out who Kyra really is as well and I never saw those two coming.The romance was awesome even though it was kept at a MG level. I really liked reading about Kyra and Fred's conversation and through those, you can see their love for each other grow. The adventure was really fun and we get to follow Kyra through the assassination. Of course, it wouldn't have been as fun if Rosie the Piggy wasn't there! I must admit, it was the mention of the pig that made me read this book. Rosie is just so adorable and I think she played an important part in the plot. I think she brought Kyra and Fred together and who doesn't love a cute pink piggy?I really liked Bridget Zinn's style of writing and she had a humourous voice. I could feel her voice shining through. She told Kyra's story well and I really enjoyed the adventure I read about in the book.Poison by Bridget Zinn is a brilliant YA fantasy with a taste of MG. With adventure, romance, and humour, this book kicked butt and easily pulled me in. It definitely made one of my favorites of the year but I'm so sad the author didn't get to see her book make it into the world...