secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) - Jamie McGuire More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.Rating: BI walked into this book knowing that I would either hate it or love it. Yes, I mentally prepare myself for this book. And fortunately, I ADORED IT!In the first chapter, I was immediately pulled in by the fight. I loved Adam's dialogue in the chapter and I imagined it with my PE teacher's accent lol. Like those black people accents? Yeah.. it sounded hilarious in my head. This book wasted no time dragging me in there and making have a bunch of crazy feelings.I liked the characters. They were well-developed and have distinct personality. Travis is the man whore and he's the love interest in the book. That boy's got some temper issues but it adds something to his character. I liked Travis and Abby's relationship and how they were there for each other. The other characters weren't shabby either. I really liked America, Shepley, and Finch. Mare has a really outspoken personality and Shepley clearly loved her to bits. Finch is just the funny gay boy added to the mix ;)Man, Jamie McGuire took me on a whole roller coaster ride! There was a bunch of up and downs and it seems like my emotions couldn't keep up! One moment I'm all cheering then I'm crying and then I'm pissed off. I JUST LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH..I found their whole story was too rash sometimes though that is just my personal opinion. I think Travis has anger management issues and that gets out of control a lot of times. While reading this, I do have the red lights blaring in mind saying that, "This is the start of an abusive relationship!" This book is about young adults and (highlight for spoiler) I think getting married at 19 and tattooing yourself to show your love isn't something that is acceptable. I think it's conveying the wrong message to the audience. Me, as a teen, may not know and be aware whether or not what we're reading is right.I absolutely LOVED everything and I couldn't keep myself from laughing at their humor. I wouldn't recommend this if you don't like swearing or bloody/violent scenes. I didn't mind either and it worked out for me. I just gotta say, they are truly a beautiful disaster :)