secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
The Runaway King - Jennifer A. Nielsen More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.Rating: A+ / Ari Approved- My review of The False PrinceEver since I read the False Prince, I've been pining for this book. I've fallen in love with the adventure and characters of this book so much! Jaron is definitely the highlight of this whole series. He's a calculating and funny kid. I like the way his mind works, always thinking ahead of the enemy. He's loyal to his friends and would do anything to protect them. Just listing a few likable characteristics here :) Jaron never fails to make a serious situation funny either with his witty quips. He's just the best :3Jaron aside, the adventure is awesome! Nielsen is rocking the plot! There was never a dull moment in the book and I had to keep turning the pages to find out what happens next. Was it worth reading until 3 AM even though I have to go to school at 8? Definitely. Jaron's plans were foolish but nonetheless enjoyable. That kid is tough.In this book we got to meet the pirates! Argh! Even though they were the bad guys, they were still awesome. Meeting them for the first time brought me the chills. I was like, "Uh.. Jaron. Dude, I'm doubting your ability to take them down." I'm just like, how's a kid gonna take on those scary pirates? Do you even know what's hiding in their beards? *shudders*Last thing I love about this book is the lightness of their banter no matter how the serious the situation is. One moment I'm gritting my teeth, the next I'm laughing because Jaron just said something funny to the pirate even though his head will probably get chopped off the next second.I can't list all the ways I love this book! There is nothing negative I have; only the positive things! This series rocked my socks off!