secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Crewel - Gennifer Albin More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.I haven't really made up my mind about this one. All my favorite bloggers were saying this is awesome and gave it five stars. I think I'm teetering on either a 3 or 4.Adelice is a special girl who has the talent to weave the fabric of reality. At a young age, her parents have taught her to hide it and trained her to fail the mandatory test. Of course, she slipped up and passed the test. Now she's in the world of Spinisters and she's learning how to weave and get out alive.One of the best things about this book is the world-building. You can clearly see all the different parts of the world and the author does a good job of describing everything. I can't quite put my finger what's making me hesitant about giving this book a 5.. it just didn't completely pull me in (though I did read this until 1am). I liked that Adelice was a strong girl, perhaps a bit too stubborn. She doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut and gets in trouble many times. If it wasn't for her special talent, she would've been dead -__- Well, you know, the protagonist always gotta be that one special person.I'm still quite torn over this one but I definitely will pick up the second book. The ending was epic, and I really wanna know what happens next >__