secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Any Love But Mine - Debbie Davies More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost WordsYou can also read this review here.*A review copy was provided by the author for reviewing purposes*Thank you, Debbie Davies!I try to be as spoiler free as possible. Hope I do my job well :)The reason I picked this up was because it's about Greek Myth.... Never thought Eros could be such a jerk.. But wasn't his punishment because of his own faults? Never mind. I don't remember.Poor Acacia was created for Lord Eros's pleasure since Eros's one true love is locked up somewhere. Acacia is the third girl to be made for Eros and they all got RE-JECTED. Yes, rejected. So then, they went on to live in the human world to work for Eros, making people fall in love.Acacia fell in love with some dude at school named Josh. And being the little possessive prick that Eros is, he forbid all of his girls to love anyone except him. Even though he doesn't even love them. What did I say? POSSESSIVE. Acacia totally ignored that rule and went on to love Josh because you know how love is all powerful and shiz and blah blah blah.What I really enjoyed about this was how Acacia tried to fight back. She fought for what she believed in even though the cost is high. I admired her. Seriously, kids these days need to stand up for themselves (and this is coming from a kid).Josh, the main love interest, is okay. Not really swoon-worthy, but I mean, he's there for Acacia. But, LUKA, on the other hand, oh my goodness that sexy boy. Luka wasn't mentioned in the blurb but he comes in the second half of the book. I LOVE LUKA. I forgive him what he did (if you read this, you know what I mean.. or maybe not).AND... THERE'S A MAKE OUT SCENE.. *gasp*.. and it's like, SO HOT. Orgasmic eruptions.. haha *mischievous laugh*Overall, this is really great love story! I find myself cheering on for Acacia and Luka. Some scenes just melted my heart. One part made me cry too :'( This is a loving tale :)