secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Crushed: The Witch-Game Series - K.C. Blake More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words You can also read the review here*A copy was provided by the author for reviewing purposes* Cover: Seems.. mysterious. Kinda reminds me of Pretty Little Liars (I don't even watch the show).My Thoughts:I think this was a very sweet story :)The Noah sisters go to Titan High and every year they have a secret game called Crushed. They blow magic dust (love potion) into their targets' faces (poor boys), and ask them to do bizarre things. Britney (one of the sisters) dared Kristen (the protagonist) to Crush one of the most dangerous boys in school this year. Zach Bevian, unfortunately for Kristen, is a wizard. Love potions don't work on witches and wizards (that is, if they're powerful enough). Through the story, you see Kristen doubt if Zach has actually been Crushed. He's glaring at her one minute and asking her out the next. I liked the romantic relationship between Kristen and Zach. It was really sweet :) There were moments when I was like this:Other than all the romantic stuff (fluffiness!), I really liked the mysterious case of attempted killings they were solving. Someone seems to target Kristen (of course) and wants to murder her. Through the whole book, I was like, "Oh yeah, blah blah blah totally wants to murder her." But I was proven wrong at the very end. I thought I got it.. but nope.. I didn't.Now, what I didn't like so much about the book was that you don't really see much of their powers. Besides brewing love potions and teleporting and some other stuff I won't say, you don't really see the extent of what the witches and wizards can do. I hope to find out more about their powers in the second book. Moment I was laughing:"No, I'm not chicken. The motorcycle doesn't worry me. The driver does.""Excuse me? I happen to be an excellent driver.""Yeah, that's what they all say." ~Crushed, K. C. BlakeMoments Kitty-expression worthy:"I love you, too," she said. "I want you to know that even though you're leaving. No matter how many boys come and go, I will never forget you, and I will never stop loving you." ~Crushed, K. C. Blake"I changed because of you. You've taught me that love is real and that I don't have to be perfect to be happy and that I have a lot to learn about life. I want to explore everything, try everything." ~Crushed, K. C. BlakeRecommended to anyone who likes witches and paranormal romance :)