secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Resurrection (The Guardians of Vesturon, #2) - A.M. Hargrove More of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words*A review copy was provided by the author for review purposes*Look at my review of the first book here.The Cover: Another pretty! Yay!First Impression: *after finishing the first book* Oh my goodness, where's the second book?? I need it!First Sentence: Maddie distinctly heard her father telling her, "Maddie, you must decide what you want to do."My Thoughts:I'm very excited for this book!!! I stayed up until 2 AM reading this. I just had to finish it! Now I'm a happy child.So, this book picked up right where it left off in the first book. At the time, Maddie was kidnapped by the sadistic jerk, Darryl Carter (again). Rayn was shocked by Maddie's telepathic pleas for help. And thankfully, she got saved (of course she did). I find that this book talks more about Rayn's trial and their life after it. It shows Maddie's change of character into someone that is more fitting to be the First Born's mate. You can observe Maddie's change physically, emotionally, and spiritually.Oh how I loved the pretty descriptions in the book. They gave me a clear image of the surroundings, characters, and etc.Maddie, our loving character, is still very clumsy, unfortunately. But that, my friend, will be changed in this book. Maddie will face her destiny. Hmm.. what other things are there? Oh yeah, be prepared for more DRAMA!!! Oh, we all love drama, don't we? *sarcastic* Maddie and Rayn will go through their really big up and downs (when I say big, I mean really big). Here's a bit of preview:As he moved to leave, Maddie exclaimed, "Dear lord, Rayn, you are truly breaking my heart!"Rayn responded none too gently, "Consider us even then, because you have ripped mine out and crushed it with your hand." With that, he stormed out the room."Okay, I might have teared up a bit there. *sniffles*Now, onto the negative side. Some things that I found weird was how Maddie would speak so formally and sound very much like an adult (like the example above) and then a few pages later she would sound like a teenager. That was pretty much the only problem I found.. (I'm not that good at finding problems).Dramatic, moving, and beautifully-written, you should pick up this series if you haven't already! :)