secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney
Love Lines - Diana Nixon More of my reviews atSecrets of Lost WordsYou can also read this review here*A review copy was provided by the author for reviewing purposes*Thank you!So, this was quite... interesting. I read this a week ago and I'm kind of procrastinating on everything since school just started this week.Eileen is special. She has supernatural powers from her unknown father. So she had to go to this school with her best friend. People there are all like her, kids with supernatural talents.Eileen meets Christian at Denver. Christian is Amanda's (Eileen's bff) brother. Eileen and Christian had one of those love-at-first-sight moments. I'm not such a big fan of those unless it's written well. They find out that they have a special bond that was made years ago. So they had figure out why and kill all the evil people and stuff. You know, the usual.I wasn't that impressed by this book. This is one of those meh books. I felt weird reading about their kissing scenes. I think it was something about it feels really good like their bodies are on fire. I just felt weird, okay? Another one of my problems was how Eileen is so easily manipulated! I mean, the characters in this book created all kinds of distractions so Eileen wouldn't learn something about their mission. I mean, c'mon! So what if she knew? She's going to find out sooner or later anyways. Why not just rip off the bandage! And I think she's really slow at figuring things out.It's probably just personal preference but I like a more kickass heroine. Eileen just... doesn't suit my taste. (Well that sounds weird) I wish this could have been more exciting. I feel like this just dragged on and on and ooooooooonnn. Okay, you get my point.Well, if you feel like this sounds interesting, then go right ahead. I'm not going to stop you from reading it.