secretofariella

Secrets of Lost Words

I also blog over at http://secretsoflostwords.blogspot.ca

Sky Jumpers
Peggy Eddleman
Curse of the Bane (The Last Apprentice)
Joseph Delaney

The Pirate's Wish

The Pirate's Wish - Cassandra Rose Clarke Read more of my reviews at Secrets of Lost Words.Rating: A- My review of The Assassin's CurseThis review may contain spoilers to the previous bookLast year I read The Assassin's Curse and it was so good! Once this book was out, I knew I had to pick it up immediately. The Pirate's Wish was a lot better than the first book. The romance, plot, and characters were all thoughtfully planned out and brought to a nice conclusion in the end.The romance is something you don't often see in YA. It wasn't insta-love and it was developed slowly like a real relationship. At first, Ananna and Naji didn't even like each other. Then they became friends and then a couple. I found it really sweet and cute. It wasn't all about sex; it was about the relationship and friendship between the two of them and the support they provided for each other.The plot also took a whole turn! There was a lot more action and curse-solving in the Pirate's Wish. The Assassin's Curse was used to set the whole story up and provided a bit of back story. The whole curse-solving thing was completed in this novel! The three impossible tasks weren't so impossible after all! You just gotta open yourself up the all the possibilities (just totally quoted Avatar the Last Airbender right there).With a dead wizard, minotaurs, assassins, pirates, and talking sharks, what more could you ask for? I couldn't put this book down and this one is definitely a recommendation and a must-read!